Thursday, July 29, 2010

Overcoming the fear of risk...the risk of service.

My phone rang Monday afternoon. It was a familiar voice from our local food bank, Harvest Hope, and they were letting me know that they were doing a food drive at several Chick-Fil-A locations in the midlands and could use some more hands. I sent out a text letting everyone know the details and that I needed 10 volunteers for this project...within about 30 min I had amount volunteers needed! I truly believe God places opportunities of service in front of us everyday, some more subtle than others, but all-in-all if we are viewing life through lenses of Faith I don't think we can miss these opportunities. Some days opportunities are as obvious as a phone call and other days they can come quitely like a gentle breeze.

Today, July 29th. Chick-Fil-A in Lexington off of 378 in front of Wal-Mart. Havest Hope Food Bank food drive... We'll be there helping collect donations... I would encourage everyone to come by and donate. If you do, you will get a coupon for Chick-Fil-A!

No comments:

Post a Comment